The Orbit has the ability to connect to a Lunar 2021 scale to access the ability to grind by weight. The scale attaches magnetically to the Orbit platform with the addition of a couple of magnetic strips. These are shipped with the grinder.
The Lunar 2021 is compatible with the Orbit due to a firmware update released in unison at the launch of the grinder. The Lunar Original will have a firmware update after launch with the same features except for displaying the flow-rate indicator (the Lunar Original does not have this hardware part).
See how to Bluetooth pair the Lunar 2021 scale and Orbit grinder here.
When the Lunar is attached and paired with the Orbit, it gives the user the ability to control the target weight and RPM (revolutions per minute), displayed on the scale’s LED screen.
- To adjust the target weight and RPM; press and hold the tare button until the weight starts blinking.
- When the weight starts blinking, tap the tare button to increase and tap the power button to decrease.
- When you reach the desired target weight, wait 5 seconds to move on to the RPM adjustment.
- When the RPM starts blinking, tap the tare button to increase and tap the power button to decrease.
- When you reach the desired RPM, wait 5 seconds to save.
- Make sure to remove the spout extender from the Orbit spout and place the dosing cup on the Lunar.
- To begin the grinding session, click the Orbit button. The Orbit will start grinding until the target weight is reached.
- When the target weight is reached, the Orbit will automatically stop the motor.
- At the end of each session, you can click the Orbit button to pulse a small amount of ground coffee if needed.
Remove the dosing cup or double tap the tare button to reset the current grind-by-weight session.
Article is closed for comments.