To switch modes or find out how to turn on/off modes, please check our video here
How many modes does the Cinco/Pyxis have?
The Cinco/Pyxis has three modes:
- Mode 1 - Weighing mode
- Mode 2 - Dual Display Mode
- Mode 3 - Auto Start Mode
Mode 1 - Weighing Mode
In the Weighing Mode, the scale will only display weight, in either grams or ounces.
- There are two different weighing units in Weighing Mode: gram and ounce.
- The readability is 0.01g for grams and 0.0005oz for ounces.
- The LED display shows [ 0.00 ] when the weighing unit is in gram.
- The LED display shows [ 0.0000 ] when the weighing unit is in ounce.
Mode 2 - Dual Display Mode
In Dual Display mode, the scale displays a timer (left) and weight (right).
1. There are two different weighing units in Weighing Mode: gram and ounce.
2. In gram units, the display range is from [0.00] to [500.00] (+/- 3%).
3. In ounce units, the display range is from [0.0000] to [17.637] (+/- 3%).
4. If the weight exceeds 500.00 grams, the scale will display [——]
5. In gram units, the LED display shows [0:00 0.00].
6. In Ounce units, the LED display shows [0:00 0.000].
Mode 3 - Auto Start Mode
The Auto-Start Mode is designed to aid espresso extraction. The scale automatically detects a cup, shot glass, or other vessel and tares the weight of the vessel. The scale will then detect when the flow of espresso into the vessel and automatically start the timer function; the timer stops when the flow of espresso into the vessel stops. When the vessel is removed from the scale, the display flashes the final beverage weight.
The LED display shows [00 0.00] with the timer on the left and the weight on the right in gram
2. The LED display shows [00 0.0000] with the timer on the left and the weight on the right in
3. The timer displays from  to  , When the value is over 99, the timer will stop.
1. When placing more than 2 grams and a stable weight on the scale, the scale will
perform the auto-tare operation.
2. After the scale detects the flow of espresso, the timer will start. The timer will stop
when the espresso flow stops.
3. When the espresso is finished, removing the cup will flash between the beverage
weight and the espresso shot.