How many modes do the Orion Bean Doser and the Orion Mini have?
There are three modes in the Orion and Orion Mini — Manual Dosing mode, Auto Dosing mode, and Weighing Only Mode.
Manual Dosing Mode
This is the default mode for dosing.
- Select a preset by rotating the Dial. Adjust the preset value by short pressing Power and rotating the Dial. Short press Power to confirm.
- Press Dose and the Orion will begin dosing until the desired weight is reached within +/- 0.5 g (Solid Green LED will display to indicate an accurate dose).
- At the end of dosing, you may press Dose several times to ‘Pulse’. Pulse will slowly add a few more beans if needed.
- Press Power to start a new dose.
• Manual dosing mode can dose on-demand with a selected preset.
• A [ NO ISE ] message will show when a container is removed from the Orion or when the
platform is touched during dosing. Please dose again.
Pulse in Manual dosing mode
The Orion has a pulse function that adds a few beans to the dose manually at the end of each
dose. To pulse (add) a few more beans at the end of each dose, simply press the Dose button and
the Orion will add a small number of beans with each press. If one p
Auto Dosing Mode
Auto dosing mode can dose automatically whenever a container is placed on the platform. There will be an ‘A’ indicator on the top left corner of the display when in Auto mode.
At the end of auto dosing, you may short press the Dose button to ‘pulse’ a few more coffee beans if required. A [ rEADY ] message will show on the display when auto dosing mode is in action. To leave the [ rEADY ] display, short press the Power button. You will be able to return to the preset selection display.
- Switch into automatic dosing mode by long pressing Power and selecting the Auto mode with the Dial. Press Power again to confirm the mode.
- Select or adjust a preset weight.
- Press Dose to start automatic dosing, the display will show [ rEADY ].
- To start the first dose, press Dose again and the automatic dosing will begin.
- Remove the completed dose, and wait for the display to show [ rEADY ] again.
- Place another container on top of the platform and dispensing will start again.
- Press Power to set a different dose and leave the current auto dosing session.
• Auto dosing mode can dose automatically whenever a container is placed on the platform.
• There will be an ‘A’ indicator on the top left corner of the display when in Auto mode.
• A [ NO ISE ] message will show when a container is removed from the Orion or the platform is
touched during dosing. Please dose again.
Pulse in Auto dosing mode
The pulse function also works in the auto dosing mode. To pulse (or add) a few more beans at the end of each dose, simply press the Dose button and the Orion will add a small number of beans with each press. If one press does not dispense any beans, you can press it multiple times until the desired weight is reached.
Weighing Only Mode
The weighing mode is the Orion’s smart scale mode. It will function like an industrial weighing
scale with a 3000-gram capacity. To switch to weighing mode, rotate the Dial until a ‘W’ indicator
appears on the top left corner of the display.
The weight of the object on the platform will be shown on the display.
• The Power and Dose buttons will function as ‘Zero’ and ‘Tare’.