It’s time for a fresh update on our Lunar! Since our last update, we’ve received numerous pieces of feedback. We’ve incorporated the most popular requests into this firmware update.
You can find the Lunar Updater in the App Store and Google Play Store. To access the newest firmware, 2.6.003, go to your app, Select Firmware, and tap "Update firmware list". The update process takes a few minutes.
We recommend updating your Lunar when you have about 20 minutes, so you can learn and adjust the settings as needed.
1. Battery Saving
“bAttSAvE” in the Settings menu
Save ~20% of your battery by dimming the display after some time. It’ll return to its original brightness when the scale senses objects on it.
Options: 30 sec, 90 sec (default), 180 sec, OFF
2. Pre-Infusion Time out Now Adjustable
“PrE_ inFu” in the Settings menu
Determines when the scale times out, most useful for long pre-infusion times. On the triangle mode, this resolves the timeout that sometimes happens for slow pre-infusion times.
Options: 10 sec, 30 sec, 60 sec (default), 120 sec
3. Auto-Start Sensitivity
“SEnSE” in the Settings menu
Minimum weight is decreased for more sensitivity. Great for slower espresso shots on the drip icon modes. Stability depends on environmental noise. The previous firmware started at ~0.6 g.
Options: 0.1 g, 0.2 g, OFF (default)
4. New Mode: Auto-Tare Only
Mode 6 added: auto-tares (square icon only). Put the cup on the scale and auto-tare will be performed. Pull shot as usual. Remove cup, the beverage weight is displayed, and the weight resets after 30 sec.
Options: On (default), OFF
- To turn Mode 6 off, enter the settings menu (see point 6)
- Short press T until you see node_6
- Long press T to enter the menu Short press T to change to OFF
- Long press T to exit node_6 or short press power to exit the settings
“Auto_rES” in the Settings menu
After a cup is removed, the timer will automatically reset. This gives you options on how long to wait for the reset.
Options: OFF, 10 sec, 30 sec (default), 60 sec
6. Settings Menu Access Changed to Be Easier
In the previous firmware, it took a few steps to enter the Settings menu. We’ve made it a little easier to access it.
- With scale powered off, press & hold the power button
- Wait until you see “SET”
- Release power button
- Tap T button to enter the settings menu
- Long press T to reach the passcode and enter as directed by our help team
7. Timer Stop Detection Improved
Detection mechanism for recognizing a drip has been improved. It is now more sensitive to slow drips and faster at detecting when the flow has stopped.
8. Low Battery Indication Improved
Low battery will display when it’s below 15% instead of at 5%.