If your firmware update has froze or if your scale is plugged in while updating, it may have a blank display upon pressing the power button. Plugging the scale in while it is on will always turn the scale off. If this is done during the updating process, it will interrupt the installation. Even if the scale's display is blank, it is still functional and is just stuck in update mode. When a scale is stuck in update mode, plug the scale in to turn it off. Then, pressing the power button will turn the scale on with a blank display, since the firmware has not finished loading on the scale. You will also want to force-close and restart your updater app to refresh its connection. Also, be sure to reset your mobile device's Bluetooth. After all this the scale will be ready to update again, even though it does not display anything. Here are all the steps you'll want to take:
1. Force close your updater app
2. Turn your mobile device's Bluetooth on and off again.
3. Plug your scale into a power source to turn it off
4. Press the power button on the scale to turn it back on. The scale is on and in update mode still, even if it is blank.
5. Start your updater app, reconnect to your scale, and attempt to update again.
Here is an example of the process:
If this does not work for you, or you have any more questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org