*Note that for all of these modes, the timer will only start with a flow that is a slow trickle, like that of espresso. Anything that flows faster will not automatically start the timer.
- In this mode, the timer starts upon the flow of espresso.
- When the espresso flow stops, it will also stop the timer.
2. Droplet and Square
This mode is the same as above, but with an added auto-tare function.
3. Triangle and Square
This mode is for baristas who want to measure the total time of a shot including the pre-infusion time. After placing a stable weight such as a cup on the scale, it performs the auto-tare operation, then the timer starts.
- In all auto start modes, the timer will stop when the espresso flow stops.
- In all auto start modes, if you do not operate the scale for 30 seconds, it will reset the timer and zero the scale
- In all auto start modes, the timer will stop when a negative weight (i.e. removal of cup) is detected.
- The scale will also display a previous stable weight that captures the coffee weight of the shot when you unloaded the cup.